In phase 2 of the hCG diet, you are only allowed to eat a maximum of 500 calories per day. That may seem like an impossible feat but it can be done; provided that you eat the right kinds of food.
Do you like Cranberry sauce? If so, I have a recipe that makes use of this humble sauce. Today, I am going to share with you a recipe for the hCG Diet Cranberry Chicken Salad.
The thing I like about this dish is that you can pretty much use whatever leafy vegetable you want. You can use lettuce, cabbage, spinach, or what have you.
I do recommend adding leafy vegetables into the mix because they will help you enjoy the dish even more.
Also, it will only take you 25 minutes to prepare and serve this amazing dish and the best part of all is that it is delicious. Oh, and don’t worry, this dish only contains 190 calories, so it is pretty much within the bounds of phase 2 of the hCG diet.
So, without further delay, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to prepare and cook the hCG Diet Cranberry Chicken Salad:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 200g mixed leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 25g dried cranberries
- 85g/3oz cranberry sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Get the chicken breasts and slice them in half. Now, you have 4 thin chicken breasts at your disposal.
- Rub them with a total of 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season it to taste.
- Next, get a non-stick frying pan and put the chicken in. Cook them for 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked through. After the chicken is cooked, set them aside for now.
- Next, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and then sauté the onions for about 5 minutes or so or until the onions are turned slightly brown. After 5 minutes, remove the onion from the frying pan.
- The next thing you will do is get a salad bowl or a big plate. Line the bowl or plate with your choice of greens and also put it the onion as well.
- After putting both of them in, you can also mix in the dried cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lime juice along with some cranberry sauce and 2 tablespoons of water. Make sure to mix it until you get the right consistency.
- Place the chicken on top of the greens and onions and then for the final touch, drizzle some of the cranberry mixture you’ve done earlier. Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Cranberry Chicken Salad fulfills both your vegetable and protein requirement and it can be eaten even on phase 2 of the hCG diet.
So, if you’re craving for some delicious salad, then the hCG Diet Cranberry Chicken Salad is a must-try.